Monday, April 2, 2012

Honest Business and Open Books

One of my favorite business books is "Honest Business" by Michael Phillips and Salli Rasberry. It's an oldie-but-goodie from the hippy days here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

In it the authors espouse a radical idea of open and transparent business that sets economic activity into a healthy and integrated harmony with the greater social and natural systems within which it operates.

I've always wanted to found a company that would include the Honest Business philosophy as part of its core "DNA".

With the Dendrite Network I have my chance. All of our own books will be open to our members, customers and vendors both, and even to the public and our competitors. Experiment and feedback will determine the limits, but I also want users' transactions to be public (or quasi-public) as well, to build openness, trust, and honesty.

No comments: